We currently have an opening for “Research Assistant” position.
The candidate will be part of a pre-clinical research program to develop nanoparticle-based therapeutics for treating cancers and skin diseases. Our current focus is on siRNA therapeutics and novel cancer immunotherapy. The project is currently supported by funding from the National Institute of Health (NCI and NCATS).
The candidate will be jointly appointed at PDX Pharmaceuticals and OHSU. He/she will assist the team with day-to-day research operation, including nanoparticle synthesis and optimization, batch experiments, molecular assays, and cell culture. Although directly relevant research experience is a big plus, it is not a requirement. Candidates are however expected to learn fast, be detail-oriented and hard-working. This position is appropriate for new graduates who look to learn and obtain more experience in biomedical research in a start-up/academic environment prior to graduate schools or other research jobs.
1) BA, BS or MS in Engineering, Chemistry, Life Sciences or Relevant fields
2) Attention to detail
3) Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
4) Ability to work independently and as part of a team
5) Advanced verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
6) Interest in biomedical research and nanomedicine
Desired/Preferred (not required):
1) Prior experience in chemistry/biology lab
2) Prior experience in nanomedicine research
3) Experience with cell culture and molecular techniques
4) Experience handling rodents/using animal models (mice)
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
To be considered for a position, please e-mail your cover letter, recent transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable at this stage), and CV/resume to email@example.com.