PDX Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for a “Research Assistant: Cancer Biology” position.
PDX Pharmaceuticals is seeking an outstanding Research Assistant with interest in cancer molecular biology and/or immunology to join our pre-clinical research program to develop nanoparticle-based therapeutics for treating cancers and infectious diseases. Our current focus is on siRNA therapeutics and novel cancer immunotherapy. The project is currently supported by funding from the National Institute of Health’s National Cancer Institute (NCI).
The candidate will work on joint research projects between PDX Pharmaceuticals and Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)’s department of Biomedical Engineering. He/she will assist the team with day-to-day research operation, including molecular assays, cell culture, animal (mouse) handling/experiments, flow cytometry, literature review, equipment maintenance, and ordering lab supplies. The candidate will also be involved in GMP-compliant manufacturing of our lead drug candidate, IND-enabling studies, and interaction with the FDA. Although direct relevant research experience is a big plus, it is not a requirement. Candidates are however expected to learn fast, be detail-oriented, responsible, and hard-working (okay with working occasional long hours).
This position is appropriate for new/recent graduates who look to learn and obtain more experience for a couple of years in biomedical research in a start-up/academic environment prior to graduate schools or other research jobs. Growth within the company based on the performance is also possible over time.
· BA or BS in Biology, Biochemistry, or Relevant fields with excellent academic record
· Eligible to work in the US without company’s sponsorship
· Attention to detail
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
· Interest in biomedical research and nanomedicine
Additional Preferred Qualifications (not required)
· Prior experience in biology/biochemistry lab
· Prior experience in nanomedicine research
· Experience with cell culture and molecular techniques
· Experience handling rodents/using animal models (mice)
Salary + cash benefit = 38,000 – 43,000 USD
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
In response to COVID-19, all employees are required to wear masks the entire time on site. Also, we work in shifts now to limit the number of people in the lab at a time. Thus, candidates are expected to be flexible with hours.