PDX Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for an “Assistant Research Coordinator/Assistant Lab Manager” position.
The candidate will be part of a pre-clinical research program to develop nanoparticle-based targeted- and immuno- therapeutics for treating cancers. (see our technology and product pipeline). The project is currently supported by funding from the National Institute of Health’s National Cancer Institute (NCI).
The candidate will assist the team with day-to-day research and business operation, including scientific literature review, monitoring all paperwork (e.g., reviewing and executing contracts, coordinating progress of contracting research organizations, reviewing and fulfilling investors’ and research grant requirements), investigating and identifying vendors, ordering lab supplies, writing press release/social media posts, writing scientific/background justification, and preparing fundraising materials. In particular, the candidates will research and review scientific papers, and present to the group to answer any scientific questions we have, helping with the design, direction, and progress of our research projects. The candidate will also help review US’ FDA regulatory requirement and propose/monitor action plans to assist the company with bringing our first drug candidate to the clinic (drug CMC, GLP-toxicology studies, clinical trial design, etc.). Occasionally, the candidate is also expected to help the team process experimental data, plot and report data, and organize data in an orderly manner (MS Excel, Prism, etc; we’ll provide trainings). Prior experience is not required. Candidates are however expected to communicate very well (verbal and written), learn fast, be detail-oriented, organized, responsible, and hard-working (okay with working occasional long hours to meet deadline).
100% remote work is possible and can be discussed in the cover letter and during the interview. If the candidate is also interested in performing research, partial appointment with the RA position (see Career) can be arranged. On-site experimental work will be occasionally needed in the latter case.
1) BA or BS degrees related to sciences and/or communications with excellent academic record
2) Eligible to work in the US without company’s sponsorship
3) Attention to detail
4) Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
5) Ability to work independently and as part of a team
6) Advanced verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
7) Interest in drug development, nanotechnology for medicine
Desired/Preferred (not required):
1) BA or BS in Sciences, Chemistry, Life Sciences or Relevant fields with excellent academic record
2) Prior experience with science writing
3) Prior experience in nanomedicine/biology/chemistry research
4) Prior experience in administrative assistance
Salary + cash benefit: 38,000-43,000 USD. Other benefits include retirement plan, paid time off, wellness reimbursement plan, and bonus plan.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.