PDX Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for a “Scientist” position.
PDX Pharmaceuticals is seeking an outstanding PhD-level Scientist with experience in analytical and synthetic chemistry to join our pre-clinical research program. Experience in cancer therapeutic development (e.g., mouse models, cancer biology, biochemistry, and immunology approaches) are big pluses.
The candidate is expected to progress our existing pipelines of nanoparticle-based therapeutics for treating cancers and infectious diseases towards clinical testing and applications. Our current focus is on siRNA therapeutics, vaccine, and novel cancer immunotherapy. The project is currently supported by private funding and the National Institute of Health’s National Cancer Institute (NCI). The candidate will work on joint research projects between PDX Pharmaceuticals and Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)’s department of Biomedical Engineering.
· Develop and execute experiments to optimize the large-scale synthesis of and characterize PDX Pharma’s nanoparticle technology (polymer-coated inorganic nanoparticles).
· Work with Leadership Team to help plan and execute analytical studies essential for IND application.
· Work with CDMO to establish process workflow of PDX Pharma’s nanoparticle manufacturing.
· Lead innovative projects that expand the scope and capabilities of the technology.
· Work in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment to execute experiments, analyze results, and communicate findings.
· Assist with day-to-day research operation, including nanoparticle synthesis, batch experiments, molecular assays, cell culture, animal (mouse) handling/experiments, literature review, and equipment maintenance.
· Assist with proposal grant writing and manuscripts.
· Keep current on new trends and technologies in nanomedicine and cancer research.
· Supervise and mentor Research Assistants.
· PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, pharmacology, or other related disciplines
· Expertise in chemical synthesis and analytical chemistry techniques (e.g. HPLC, MS, ICP-MS)
· Strong track-record of publications in a related discipline.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Detail-oriented, responsible, and willing to work flexible hours.
· Good at teamwork and like to take on new initiatives and challenges.
· Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Knowledge in nanomedicine and/or cancer biology
· Experience nanoparticle synthesis and characterization
· Knowledge of the drug development pathway and FDA regulatory hurdles.
· Experience working with animal models of diseases (in vivo tumor models is a plus).
· Experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques (e.g. western blot, flow cytometry, ELISA, Luminex).
Our COVID-19 guidelines:
· PPE in the lab: a cloth or disposable mask is required at all times. Glasses or goggles are highly recommended.
· Keep 6 ft. apart, if 6 ft. is not possible, face shield over mask is required.
· Practice thorough hand washing before donning and after removing PPE.
· Rooms where close proximity is unavoidable are single occupancy only
Salary commensurates with skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $67,000.00 per year (including benefits).