PDX Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for a “Research Assistant” position.
The candidate will be part of a pre-clinical research program to develop nanoparticle-based therapeutics for treating cancers and infectious diseases. Our current focus is on siRNA therapeutics and novel cancer immunotherapy. The project is currently supported by funding from the National Institute of Health’s National Cancer Institute (NCI).
The candidate will work on joint research projects between PDX Pharmaceuticals and Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)’s department of Biomedical Engineering. He/she will assist the team with day-to-day research operation, including nanoparticle synthesis and optimization, batch experiments, molecular assays, cell culture, animal (mouse) handling/experiments, literature review, equipment maintenance, and ordering lab supplies. Although direct relevant research experience is a big plus, it is not a requirement. Candidates are however expected to learn fast, be detail-oriented, responsible, and hard-working (okay with working occasional long hours).
This position is appropriate for new/recent graduates who look to learn and obtain more experience for a couple of years in biomedical research in a start-up/academic environment prior to graduate schools or other research jobs. Growth within the company based on the performance is also possible over time.
1) BA or BS in Engineering, Chemistry, Life Sciences or Relevant fields with excellent academic record
2) Attention to detail
3) Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
4) Ability to work independently and as part of a team
5) Advanced verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
6) Interest in biomedical research and nanomedicine
Desired/Preferred (not required):
1) Prior experience in chemistry/biology lab
2) Prior experience in nanomedicine research
3) Experience with cell culture and molecular techniques
4) Experience handling rodents/using animal models (mice)
Salary: 35,000-40,000 USD
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
In response to COVID-19, all employees are required to wear masks the entire time on site. Also, we work in shifts now to limit the number of people in the lab at a time. Thus, candidates are expected to be flexible with hours.
To be considered for a position, please submit your cover letter, recent transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable at this stage), and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org